Friday 17 April 2020

Brian's Choice Re-invented

Closet Fashion Analysis:
Ballet Flats with a Conscience

Nice

Brian, my ballet flats expert has turned his allegiance from Tory Burch to Tieks – In an email last week he told me, “2 years ago I bought myself a pair of Tieks ballet flats. Today I now own 22 pairs. I still like my Torys but I'm more of a Tieks guy these days.” 


Considering the Tieks motto is “the ballet flat reinvented”, I think it an appropriate choice. For those of you following this blog, you know that I prefer subtlety when it comes to wearing “marks”. I like Tieks because their signature is the teal blue sole and vertical heel strip whereas Tory Burch emblazons her TB in almost a garish way. Now you know how I really feel.

Tieks has also endeared me to their product with Operation #SewTogether: Their ads tell us, “We’re giving a $50. Tieks Gift Card to anyone who stiches and donates 25 masks, or a $100. Tieks Gift Card for 50 or more masks.” They are distributing these masks in the Los Angeles area and as this promotion expands, I am curious if Tieks will expand their donations elsewhere. The Tieks web page for #SewTogether also keeps a running tally of how many masks have been produced. On my last visit (April 16, 2020) they have provided 260,167 lower-grade homemade masks to free up the medical-grade ones for doctors and nurses who deal directly with COVID19 patients.

Not only this but the Gavrieli Foundation maintained by Tieks provides financial resources for women entrepreneurs around the world “in the broader fight against global poverty”. Nice.

Like any other mark, Tieks has an enthusiastic following and Brian has become part of that as well, “I've met lots of great people thru the Tieks group I'm part of. A few have been real life meetings in Arizona and Calgary.”

“Women seem to love this brand,” Brian reiterates, and from the website, I can see why “. . .  and there's a handful of guys that also wear them . . ." 

Tieks . . . a perfect spring choice for anyone who has a social conscience (and an aversion to showy marks) ". . . and they come in a rainbow full of colors” . . . and they're foldable!



Photo Source: Tieks

4 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing my passion with your words. I love how you added the Tieks Ballet flats "Re-invented" into your title. So many people think Tieks are just about making cute and colourfully ballet flats. This SewTogether program is just one of the many great things Tieks does. A visit to the Tieks website shows lots of other great campaigns they have as you've mentioned in your post.

    As always, thank you for sharing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy and Brian:

      I am a male flats and female loafer/slippers fan myself and I adore Joy’s blogs. I have over 50 pairs of fabulous shoes from Michael Kors to Tory Burch to Jimmy Choo and all brands in between! Thanks to the pandemic, my purchases have expanded. I’d love to connect with both of you on other social media outlets to share and interact. I am KM on Pinterest. Thanks to you both for inspiring! - Kevin

      Delete
  2. Joy and Brian:

    I am a male flats and female loafer/slippers fan myself and I adore Joy’s blogs. I have over 50 pairs of fabulous shoes from Michael Kors to Tory Burch to Jimmy Choo and all brands in between! Thanks to the pandemic, my purchases have expanded. I’d love to connect with both of you on other social media outlets to share and interact. I am KM on Pinterest. Thanks to you both for inspiring! - Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy and Brian:

    I am a male flats and female loafer/slippers fan myself and I adore Joy’s blogs. I have over 50 pairs of fabulous shoes from Michael Kors to Tory Burch to Jimmy Choo and all brands in between! Thanks to the pandemic, my purchases have expanded. I’d love to connect with both of you on other social media outlets to share and interact. I am KM on Pinterest. Thanks to you both for inspiring! - Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.