Sunday 23 May 2021

Matching Summer Sets

2021 Summer Trend

This summer's trend is rather matchy-matchy. Mainly tiny tops with matching shorts, short and long skirts, capris, and pants. The models wearing the trend look fabulous with their tanned skin and slim figures. Of course. (This photo was retrieved from wheretoget.com)



Nice: 

I have always been a fan of solid matching sets. Being 5'3" and with the probability of shrinking as I get older, solid coloured matching sets are the nicest for me. That means top to bottom solid colour even shoes. Accessories such as jewellery, scarves and purses send out a colourful punch and make the solid colour a canvas (a thought for another post). I get my fill of the colour trend of the season with accessories and it proves to be more cost-effective. Your "outfits' go a long way for a long time with this kind of clothing strategy. This outfit was available on jamesascher.com, but when I went there, it was sold out. 




My 2 No Thanks rules for matched sets:


1. No thanks to matchy brightly coloured patterns. 

And yes, Guys, the trend is yours as well! But as far as I am concerned, my No Thanks rules apply for you too. This photo was retrieved from www.outfittrends.com.

I once received a shorts & shirt outfit from a relative who had been in Hawaii. It was a swirl of hot pink, bright green, and fluorescent yellow flowers. I wore it once to a theme party. It ended up in a donation bag. I do hope someone found some pleasure in wearing it. 

Whether stripes or a floral pattern, if I absolutely had to, a pairing of pale colour — blue & white, beige & blue, beige & white, yellow, pink, mint green in combination with white is the closest I would ever go to a head to toe patterned match. 


2. No thanks to stripes for bottoms such as these from www.lyst.com. Imagine head to toe black & white stripes and all I can think of are 1920s jailhouse convicts.  There is a mixing stripes idea that suggests putting a horizontal stripe on top with the vertical stripe on the bottom or vice versa. I don't know. Maybe, but for me, I doubt it.







Note-worthy

Pyjamas! Head to toe matched sets — I have several.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.