Monday 11 May 2020

My Life-Style Choices During COVID -19

There are times I digress from writing about clothing in one's closet and this post is one of those digressions. To quote myself, this "can be rationalized for health sake and so . . . do what it takes. Take care of yourself so that you can enjoy the clothing, the shoes, the bags, the jewellery, the accessories . . . and look great in them." 

Nice: First and foremost I am employing relative self-isolation. The extent of my excursions: a local grocery store, recently the plant and seed store and the pharmacy. I have done some food deliveries for friends but generally I have not see or spoken to anyone who wasn't at least 2 meters away from me. I wash my hands. I wear a mask. I don't touch my face while out. I have a box of those blue plastic disposable gloves for grocery shopping.Oh yes and I take my temperature twice a day.

No Thanks: To meeting with my friends for a glass of wine or dinner (this saddens me the most and is my greatest sacrifice). I am planning a strategy to meet with another couple of friends but I haven't worked out the details yet. I suppose I don't want to jeopardize anyone's safety even though I think I am healthy but we just don't know. That being said, I am a Type I diabetic and do not know how the virus will manifest in my body at this time. I care not to find out.

Note-Worthy: There are strategies I am employing during this pandemic that are not considered effective or valid. No, it's not that — I guarantee you. I am not drinking bleach or ordering holy water nor am I hoarding anything.


Essential Oils: I do use essential oils for aromatherapy and for topical application. I like them. They make me feel good. I don't wear perfume and I seldom wear make-up. And yes, I do believe they have have some therapeutic effect. So to those who are telling me that I am wasting my money because nothing works against COVID-19, all I can say is, we choose where we want to spend our money. Do I think thieves blend or eucalyptus, lemon or ravintsara oils will keep me safe from COVID-19? For the most part, NO. It is very improbable but not entirely impossible (disclaimer - no scientific evidence therefore this is not a recommendation). Do I still admit to using them? Yes, I believe they have properties that can lessen effects of normal flu bugs and I know enough about how to use them that they're not going to hurt me, so I put them in my diffuser at night and rub them on my neck and upper chest when I go out. Remember I still maintain social distancing and wear a mask but I believe I'm adding an extra layer of protection, at least, in my mind if not in reality.

Supplements: I am also taking supplements, which I have always taken in my adult life. There is nothing new in my regime, except for one that deals with helping to lower blood pressure, Quercetin. The others are the usual, which I take rotationally — not all of them all the  time: Omega 3, Vitamins C, D and E, Zinc, a Mushroom blend (I have taken this for years to boost my immune system), Magnesium and a combination including Collagen for hair, skin and nails.
Meditation: I meditate and listen to hz sleep music while I'm trying to and am falling asleep. Does it help? I believe so. It certainly does not hurt and I am falling asleep more quickly and sleeping through the night. Is it the music or the Magnesium? I don't know.
Eating and Exercising: I'm eating healthfully and exercising, not as strenuously as I was when I was going to the gym but I am maintaining my weight and I am pleased about that.

The point of this digression is simply to remind everyone who is reading about fashion and trends and other frivolous stuff, to take care of yourself and no matter what else you believe will keep you healthy, make sure you do not jeopardize your safety when going out.

I have written about oils before: 
Not a Closet and No Clothing Within: Essential Oils in a Wine Box




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.