Friday 9 April 2021

ITSO . . . In the Style of . . . Bianca Jagger

If you play Fashion Word Association and say, "Bianca Jagger", the most frequent response is "The White Suit" followed by "It Girl in the 70's". That is if you are old enough or have been influenced by someone old enough to have been there, done that.

Photo Source: Independent.ie 
She wore a white suit for her marriage to Mick Jagger in 1971. Designed by Yves Saint Laurent, it featured a classic blazer style jacket aka "le smoking" and a long pencil or column skirt matched by a veiled wide-brimmed hat. Bianca Jagger, the suit and the hat were the focus of the 1970s paparazzi.

Her dark, exotic, sultry look was refreshing for those of us who were dark-haired and had blonde "bombshells" and Barbie dolls set up as the ideal. When I was at the age of wanting a Barbie doll, my mom refused. She bought me a "Mitzi". Mitzi was a brunette. I never had children but if I had had a daughter, I would have done the same. My mother was smarter than I gave her credit for.

Back to Bianca . . . but like Barbie, Bianca wore a white suit and I tried but very often ended up with blue. Blue became my signature colour. In fact, every shade of blue became my go-to option.

Photo Source: PurePeople
The white or almost-white suit still is Bianca Jagger's signature style. This photo features a pale pinky-beige jacket on white, which she wore in Paris in 2017.

What is your signature style?

Styles change, although Bianca Jagger still wears white suits and she's in her seventies.

Will you still be wearing your signature style in 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 years?

I think Brian Davis will still be wearing ballet flats.

I think I will still be wearing blazers in some shade of blue.

I think blue, white and beige will still be the colours I prefer in the summer and black and camel in the winter. Yet, I haven't kept my white blazers. I tried but I couldn't do it. And I'm not sure why. Too stark? Perhaps. Too blindingly white? Probably. Too, too white? Most definitely. As Bianca Jagger aged, she too tempered the white as we can see in the photo of her in Paris in 2017. With all of those responses, I still admire the "look" and admire Bianca Jagger for still pulling it off in her seventies.

I think my brother-in-law will still be wearing "sweats".

What's your signature style? Analyze your style, what's in your closet and post a comment (where it writes, "no/# of comments") to let me know if you think you'll be wearing some version of your present style.

I've written about Bianca Jagger before Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.