Friday 29 January 2016

ITSO . . . In the Style of . . . Bianca Jagger & Angelina Jolie

Bianca Jagger in White during the 70s.
Composite Photo Source: 360Nobs
I remember reading about Bianca Jagger buying t-shirts and underwear in Paris in the 1970's, one in every colour: matching. I was in elementary school at the time and Bianca Jagger was the "it girl" during the 70s and 80s. Now as I look back at what she wore, I wonder if it wasn't her beauty first that garnered all the attention. She has an exotic look that I find ravishing. As well, she was married to Mick Jagger. So she was exotically beautiful and married to a rock star: of course, everything she wore would have been considered iconic. See Harper's Bazaar slideshow of her style development from 1971 to 1978.





Bianca Jagger with daughter, Jade.
Photo Source: Dave Benett Evening Standard
When one mentions Bianca Jagger, my first recollection is the white suit. She did the white suit more than once and it always looked fabulous, particularly in the 80s when over-emphasized shoulder pads were the rage. Somehow she didn't have that top heavy look.

On May 7, 2015 she celebrated her 70th birthday. She's still wearing that white suit, well - maybe not that particular white suit but generically, the white suit is still a significant element in her wardrobe choices. See the last three photos of the Dianab series of Bianca Jagger in 2014. She wore white well in the 70s and she is wearing it well now that she is 70. Of course, she wore black and she wore red exceptionally well with her exotic looks but when I think of Bianca Jagger, I still think of her in white.


Photo Source: Vogue. 
There are others who have worn white well . . . think of Angelina Jolie, another woman with a dark exotic look. In a way, she reminds me of a young Bianca Jagger, if in no other way, but those exotic looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.