Sunday 18 January 2015

Prepping for Spring Sales: Asymmetrical Pairs

I have been preparing for my spring jewellery sales and have been enamoured by asymmetrical pairs of earrings. I have always had a few in my collections for the artists who buy from me; however this year the popular trends in jewellery have included the slightly offbeat askew look. Check out the asymmetrical look at Bazaar.

I love it and I love the idea of balancing the imbalance. My favourite pair at the moment is made from a vintage brooch and matching earring set. As with many items I collect, there is always something missing. In this case one earring and a brooch were all I found in a bag of abandoned treasures. Re-creating the asymmetrical look with a foundling earring is not really challenging, just a matter of luck. Here are my first three pairs:

Vintage 50s Re-Purposed Brooch and Earrings
Asymmetrical Earrings, Spring, 2015
Photo by JoyD, January, 2015


Psychedelic 60s Geometric Singleton Earring
matched with new colour coordinated beads.
Asymmetrical Earrings, Spring, 2015
Photo by JoyD, January, 2015

New Pendants Re-Purposed Earrings
Asymmetrical Earrings, Spring, 2015
Photo by JoyD, January, 2015

Of course, you may contact me to arrange purchase for any of my work. I do not have my pieces for sale anywhere else online. It is only through personal contact that I make my pieces available.





2 comments:

  1. Relaxing in Kelowna19 January 2015 at 11:17

    Your work continues to grow and become more interesting! I especially love the '50's inspired earrings. Such fun. Wish I was closer to be able to see all your works and attend a show or two. Oh well, such is not to be this Spring. Sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may make them but I don't know if I would have enough nerve to wear them! Think of me when you are cleaning out your stash of jewellery - you never know how it could be remade.

      Delete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.